Featured Post

Thoughts Of Suicide

Confession: March 24th was going to be the end for me. Months with no car, pain, painful treatments, meds screwed up, isolated, low on cash...

Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Ballcap Incident

In all my years of "Redneckery" I have never heard that ballcaps are sacred and NEVER to be touched. Unfortunately, I found this out completely by accident.

A couple of friends and I were talking when a little bit of good-natured teasing began. You know how it goes...You start ragging on someone and it's fun but sooner or later somebody does something wrong and all the humor stops.
GUILTY!
Rob and I were joking with each other. He then started poking at me and relentlessly teasing me when I did the only thing I knew to do...I knocked his ballcap off his head.
"Stop that," he said. So what did I do? RIGHT. I knocked it off his head again! What? He gets to poke and push me (gently) but I can't retaliate?
I did not know the sacredness of the ballcap. The second time his cap came off, he was actually upset!! Dish it out but can't take it?
In a huff, he left and the silence in the room was deafening. There was even a hint of 'impending doom.' This immediately ended the fun and I was unaware of the treason I had just committed.
The next day my friend Gale took me aside and said, "You need to stop knocking caps off guys heads, One said he'd "KNOCK THE FUCK OUT OF YOU" if you ever touched his cap again!"
I've only knocked a cap off two guys so the "list of suspects" was small. Oh Hell, I knew it was Rob. 
Initially, I thought Gale was joking. What MAN is gonna knock "it" out of a woman if she knocks his cap off his head? He was ragging at me pretty hard and when he started shaking me, I did the only thing I knew to do...knock the guy's cap off his head.
So I decided that I'd apologize to Rob because I most certainly did NOT mean to break the rule that states "a woman must never knock the ballcap off a man's head."
Two days later, I had done a little 'herb shopping' and wanted to share a bit. As I go to Gale's, I see Rob helping some guy move a couch. So I pull up, get out of the car and walk up to Rob to apologize to the man for knocking his ballcap off his head TWICE. But he wanted nothing to do with me!
"Rob, I want to apologize for..." I said but he started walking away from me--mad!! OMG!!
"But I just wanted to apologize. I didn't know the rules about the ballcap." He'd have none of it!
"No, no, no. Don't want to talk to you." he said.
About 15mins later, Gale and I are "partaking of the herb" when in walks Rob! He just sat right down on the couch with us. This struck me funny. A few mins ago, I was literally chasing this guy to issue an apology only to be rebuffed and yet......
"So Rob," I began. "you won't accept my apology but you'll accept my w**d?"
Stunned silence....................SCORE!!!
Suddenly, he began to spew apology after apology for how he acted when I tried to settle this crap. "I didn't mean to act like that towards you......" I just blocked out the rest. Bottom line was he'd been "wronged" and his pride had been hurt so it was too late for apologies. The damage had been done...

until he saw an opportunity to "get high with a little help from his friends."


Earns me a 'tip of the cap,' wouldn't you say? LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment