Featured Post

Thoughts Of Suicide

Confession: March 24th was going to be the end for me. Months with no car, pain, painful treatments, meds screwed up, isolated, low on cash...

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Verizon Better Customer Service? Not On A Holiday Weekend!

My pre-paid Verizon phone stopped working yesterday and using someone else's phone, I called for support and a wonderful lady named Debbie told me to go to my nearest Authorized Dealer. "They'll be happy to help." So I did.......
I go to the store and was surprised that their parking lot was empty. The only reason I did go in was the "OPEN" sign was working. I go in and was met by a very large, bald man with no name tag.
"How can I help you" he asked.
"Something is wrong with my phone." He the takes the phone from my hand, looked at it and said, "It's got water in it."
"Ok," I said, "I need another phone with the same phone number because I am a breast cancer patient and I need to be able to get in touch with my doctors and vice versa."
"We can't do that." he said.
"I was told you could transfer my number, photos and videos to another phone."
"Well, we can't. Now you just had a pre-paid...well, I can sell you another one for 90 bucks. That's about it." he said.
"So it's just a myth that I can get another phone with my same number....." I began but he interrupted me by saying, "No, none of that is true."  Wow!
This entire exchange took about seven minutes and then I was driving myself back home. Very upset and a bit bewildered, I used another phone and called Verizon Support and told this tale to another wonderful lady named "Bethany."
"Bethany" informed me that a lot of my treatment was the result of 1) Holiday weekend  2) I'm a woman   3) I went to the store without a male companion  4) The male's attitude was based on his judgment of whether or not he could "make that sale."  Incidentally, she told me that this man had LIED about being unable to transfer numbers, photos and videos. Then, she told me to GO TO WAL-MART, where they could/would help me. I was sort of stunned that a phone support rep would tell me to by pass the authorized dealer centers and get a phone from WAL-MART!
Fact remains, I am without a phone. Luckily, this long weekend holiday means minimal need of a phone unless there's an emergency. I don't know what I'd do but hopefully, no emergency will occur.
I understand that feeling of "Oh my gosh, here comes a customer and I have plans" but at least this particular "representative" can get you out of his store in under ten minutes!!!

I do appreciate the fact that "Bethany" told me "That man lied to your face." Unusual, right? I'm used to employees backing each other/explaining away incidents/blaming the victim-for lack of a better word. Not this one.
It takes a rare breed of person who has to listen to complaints from customers like me. She listened, gave me some valuable insight on Verizon stores, told me the rep had lied and as I said, told me to go to WAL-MART.
We'll see but for now, I'm going to get over my encounter and see what life is like without a phone...sort of have to at present!! 1 think I'll change my focus from this incident and put it on Memorial Day weekend, what it means and honor as best I can, the men and women who served and currently serve our country.

Have A Safe Memorial Day Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment