Featured Post

Thoughts Of Suicide

Confession: March 24th was going to be the end for me. Months with no car, pain, painful treatments, meds screwed up, isolated, low on cash...

Friday, April 10, 2015

Almost Assaulted

They used to call him Beanie. He was just a skinny little boy in the neighborhood nobody wanted to play with. My son, Blake felt sorry for him and would try to include him in basketball and baseball while never letting anyone pick on the boy. Blake brought Beanie home for supper many times and that little boy certainly could eat. He seemed to love macaroni and cheese so whenever Blake let me know he was coming to eat, I made sure there was plenty of mac and cheese for Beanie. Then he moved away and we lost touch.
Two evenings ago, Beanie came walking down the sidewalk. It'd been four years since I'd seen the kid but even though he'd gotten a lot taller and his yellow hair was a lot longer--I could tell it was him. "So that's what happened to him." I thought.
About a hour after that, came a knock on my door. I looked out the peephole and saw Beanie standing there on my front porch. "Well, look at you!" I said, "Haven't seen you in a long time--you certainly got tall! Come on in this house."
As he started to come in, my dog Rascal started to growl and seemed to want to get between Beanie and me. Rascal doesn't like anyone to come in the house and he really doesn't like anyone getting close to me. As I was trying to get Rascal to calm down a bit, I happened to notice Beanie locking my front door. I thought that was strange but then thought I was just being silly. "Is Blake here or anybody else here?" Beanie asked. "Not yet, but Blake will be here pretty soon." I lied. Something about this was making me uncomfortable.
Beanie then walked up behind me as I was getting soda for us from the fridge and grabbed me around the waist. Unfortunately, I could feel him pressing himself and his erection against my butt as he was "just giving me a friendly hug."
I pushed his away and said, "What in the hell are you doing?"
"I'm just hugging you 'cause I haven't seen you in so long."
"Well, don't touch me anymore," I said. Now, Rascal had gotten behind Beanie and was nipping at his pants and ankles.
"I'm sorry." he said and he grabbed me again and said "let's kiss and make up." Suddenly, he has me in a bear hug, trying to kiss me. "You have got a great ass." he said and kissed me on the back of my head. Rascal started pulling on Beanie's pant leg and I got away from him. I grabbed a knife and said, "Look, I've got breast cancer, I'm sick and I'll stab you if don't get out of my house right now."
"Oh, did I make you mad?" he asked.
"Yes, you did cause I never expected this kind of crap from you."
"Yeah, I grew up pretty good, huh?"
"Okay, but if you want to live another minute, you'll get out of my house." Then I added, "I have a gun."
I then took a deep breath, pulled away, acted like I was crazy furious, grabbed him by the arm, pushed him out the door once I had unlocked it and told him to never come back.
Afterwards, I did all the extra lock checks around the house, put a chair against the front door, hit all the alarms and for my own peace of mind placed various "weapons" around the house just in case this guy decided to come back.
Authorities are aware but as far as I'm concerned, my safety depends on me. I'll never allow anything or anyone make me uncomfortable in my own home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment